Monday, February 26, 2007

A Woman's Journey

Then the time came when the risk it took
To remain tight in a bud was more painful
Thank the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin

8 comments:

egan said...

That's what I'm saying yo! Is there a rebirth in the making? I think the new purchase may have something to do with this.

Becky said...

egan - this completely made me smile inside. thank you for that :) the new purchase has done a lot for my spirits so far. ridden three times. and exercise always motivates me to eat better.

egan said...

Fantastic. I'm happy to bring a smile to your face. I know the bike should take credit for this, but you're the one who bought it. Good for you for making it happen. This is just the beginning for you. I had a similar "awakening" about four years ago and have felt so great since getting back in the pool, on the bike, and pounding the pavement. It manifests itself in so many other facets of life.

I'm really excited to hear about your rides on the Giant. What kind of bike trainer did you end up getting? The Blackburn? Have a great night. Jack will be watching you.

Becky said...

egan - what a great testimony. ya know, i don't know that i've ever felt about anything the way i feel when i'm on a bike. that's great you experienced that awakening. i'm hoping that this is a turning point in many ways for me as well.

I got a CycleOps. It wasn't my first choice (was gonna get a Kurt Kinetic), but the price was right and is still a great trainer. I got the magna...a little noisy, but oh well. maybe after my first race i'll upgrade :)

Jack was having trust issues tonight. Baby brother Chad was thoroughly annoying. Hey, after the bomb goes off at least pretend to look like you give a crap!

egan said...

I'm sure the awakening will come. Nothing is better than a nice weekend ride taking in the beautiful scenery and losing yourself in thoughts. I really miss getting out there and riding, but the weather has been less than accomodating recently.

CycleOps is pretty good isn't it? Isn't it endorsed by Floyd Landis? Their spinning bikes kick ass at least. I don't know much about Kurt Kinetics spin bikes.

About 24, I think that was the least amount of airtime by Jack in any episode I've seen. I felt like he was hardly in it. Yah, little Chad needs a beat down.

Katie McKenna said...

I love this!!

Becky said...

funny you should say that. when i think of cycling, i think of open road and being lost in thought. it's pure peace. hope your weather breaks soon so you can work on your callouses.

Not sure about Landis. Kurt's was recommended on Bicycling's review.

Come to think of it, Jack was sorta behind the scenes. I was distracted last night by the SuperNanny episode. Did a bit of back and forthing. I'm so disloyal.

Becky said...

katie - it was a quote right at the beginning of a book I just started reading. It spoke so poignantly.