It's my second week back to work after an eight-week leave that was preceded by a two-week vacation. Ten weeks off work is a long time. Now I'm just tired. No, exhausted. Which is why I haven't posted in a few days. When I'm tired like this my brain is mushy and I become very grumpy. Hmmmph!
And though this is twisted and demented, I received a bit of satisfaction of sorts when Martha impaled a paring knife into Charles' clavicle last night. While I would never wish true harm on anyone, fake tv harm (viewed only by level headed adults who can decipher tv harm from real life harm) can bestow much needed revenge on a no-good, slimy scoundrel, providing freedom and justice for all (or at least for Martha).
As for me, I will keep my paring knives on a shelf that can only be reached with a stool.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
March on, dear. You can do it. I don't know who Martha is, but I do know what you mean. When Uma went to exact her revenge in Kill Bill, i felt same. wishing you the best, and good rest. xo
yeah well, dont underestimate the danger of a good thumping with a stool - Id take my chances with the paring knife! (Recon I could survive a few stabs, but a thump from the stool?!?!)
Back to work schedule can be grueling but it will level off. You did it before...just get back on the train and enjoy the ride. Take a special moment for "yourself"
Please stay away from any sharp objects(!)
ugh - i just wrote a long reply to all of you. and it didn't go through and it didn't even stay in the comments field. arg.
okay, let's try again.
cin - martha and charles are characters on my fav tv show, 24. i think i will have to rent Kill Bill. you are always so encouraging -- thank you lovey. sometimes it is hard to march on. but we do it.
jakers - now that i think of it, i am much more of a thrower than a hitter. suppose i should put the stool far out of reach and return the knives to their rightful place on the counter.
pauline - ah yes, time for self is needed :) the boys are with their dad this weekend, so I will get some time. don't worry, i won't be running with scissors anytime soon.
This is precisely why I have a fear of knives. When they showed Martha near the kitchen, my wife called it. I grimaced hoping that wouldn't happen.
Damn, I'm not sure there was a good reason for that storyline. We'll have to see though. It was nice to see Aaron again. You got to check out this blog for his 24 recap.
Holy Lord! Wow.
I'd like to link you. Would that be okay?
Cervelo - i'm fond of Aaron. He slimmed down quite a bit, no? And Martha...poor Martha. When I saw her jabbing at the kiwi with vigor and gusto, i just knew it wasn't gonna be pretty. Excellent link by the way! I found another site I meant to send to you, though not nearly as good as yours. http://fajita24.blogspot.com/index.html
yes, when I read your knife fear today there was true remorse in my heart for writing what i did. but that only lasted for a moment.
Enemy of the Republic - but of course!
Calling me Cervelo eh? I love it and am more than honored. Although I do own a Softride. Anyways, yes knives scare me and your story about 24 was tough to read. Why do you call him "kiwi"? Is he from New Zealand?
I'm glad you take very little pity on me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Glad you enjoyed the link. I will check yours out too. I like reciprocal behavior.
Softride - calling you Cervelo is in honor of the name you placed on your spreadsheet for baby lessinges.
i'm cracking up at the kiwi comment. martha was cutting up kiwi in the kitchen...that's when she started getting all in a tiff. which is when i knew her mental state was declining. kiwi = fruit, not aussi born bloke.
Hey! Stop it, the both of you! I wont have any more talk of kiwi stabbing! Sheesh! (Oh, and it stinks that we have to wait so long to get the new 24 over here - if I could get broadband, I'd just download the suckers!)
Oh, and now youve done it! I think most NEW ZEALAND born males (or females) would rather be stabbed by the paring knife than accused of being an Aussie!! (And the other way round Im sure) [enter sulking mode]
oh, i have SO been put in my place. did i get this all wrong? is it a NZer that's a kiwi? or an aussie? or both? or neither?
(exits with foot in mouth)
jake - what's this about not getting 24? this surely deserves being called a kiwi! you don't get 24? wait, did you say you can't get 24?
please, if for no other reason, move outta the stix.
Kiwis are from New Zealand. Aussies are from the big continent to the west of New Zealand, Australia. I think confusing them is like confusing Americans with Canadians. Or maybe it's not. I should just shut up now. Pepsi is calling me.
lol.. I always have a knife ( or two ) in my bedrooms.. hunting knife, tanning knife.. chopping knife.. shrugging.. I like knives! :)
Here's to organization! I hope I can get to that stage myself!
cervelo and jake - i am utterly embarrased and have been put to shame. please know that i'm well aware of the two distinct countries (wise guy lessinges). however, my error in judgement was isolated to the "kiwi" term used to describe people from one of the aforementioned countries. i stand corrected and shall never make the error again. so there.
cervelo - Pepsi?
katie - VERY interesting my dear. i'm sure egan is hoping to never run into you whilst you are surrounded by your knives ;-)
Post a Comment